My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Monday, July 25, 2011

Sewing In Action

I love making pillowcases.


And sewing on the machine.


I have to take the pins out.


And now I turn it right side out. It looks like a sausage doesn't it.


Now I am taking the final pins out.  Then I start all over again.


 Opps, the thread came out. My mom helps me get it back in.


Starting another one.  This one has a blue top.


Turning the sausage. I love this part the most.


And another one. Brown and orange.


Ok that's all for today. I made a total of six pillowcases in memory of Kristen.  More tomorrow.

7 comments:

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Your pillow cases are adorable! Great work!

Sabrina said...

You definitely possess a talent I never had with sewing, Sarah! I never could get the knack for it. Good for you! I absolutely LOVE your pillowcases! :)

Cammie Heflin said...

Sarah, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to buy a pillowcase for Addy. Do you think you could have your mom contact me so we can make a sale??? Hugs! Cammie & Addy

Joyce said...

Hi Cammie, Thank you for your interest. Stay tunned for a big announcement very soon where everyone will be able to purchase Sarah's creations and all profits will go directly to Reece's Rainbow. We are getting the site set up right now.

kate spain said...

Wow, six pillowcases?! You are amazing, Sarah! Keep up the wonderful work. I hope you're enjoying the summer
and staying cool!! love, kate

Kristen's mom said...

Sarah you are awesome!
I have been feeling a lot blue lately and you always make me smile.

Cammie Heflin said...

yeah Joyce! I am so excited about the announcement! Can't wait!