My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Sew Hooked on Sweetness

A while back we wrote a post about the Hook family. They wanted to adopt a sweet little girl named Evan.  While they were traveling to bring her home, I was busy sewing. You can read about it and see pictures here.  Then some things happened that made us very worried about Angie & Clark being able to adopt her.  In the end, everything worked out and Eva Noel Hook came home to be with her forever family.  That's when I got busy again.


I wrote her a little note.  It said "Welcome home Eva."


I got it all packed up and took it to the post office. Remember this post

Now look at this sweetness...


Evan with her very own quilt.  This one is really special to me because it includes some of the fabric that Kate Spain sent to me from her collection named Verna.  She is so sweet I could just squeeze her right through the screen. I am so happy she likes it. Here is what her momma wrote to us...

Joyce, please tell Sarah thank you for the quilt and pillowcase!! It was such a beautiful surprise and Evan LOVES it! I told her it was hers and she'd point at it and then point at herself with a HUGE smile! She carried it around all night and is sleeping with it!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

Oh that makes my heart swell. I included a pillowcase from our One Million Pillowcase project in memory of Kristen too.  Now I have to get busy making another quilt. I have a sweet little boy to send it to. And I know just the perfect fabric I am going to use.

11 comments:

Sabrina said...

That picture of Evan holding that quilt you made is priceless! Such a wonderful thing for you to do, Sarah. God bless!

Mama Bell said...

What a beautiful young woman you are! Thanks for spreading your light and love around and sharing your experiences with all of us out in blog land! You made my Sunday even better!

Emily said...

That is so awesome, Sarah!!

Cammie Heflin said...

You just made me cry some happy tears! Love you Sarah! You are such a sweet soul!

Rochelle said...

You are the sweetest!

Dr. Richard Moulton said...

Thank you, Sarah, for being so supportive of my daughter Angie and my granddaughter, Evan!

Patti said...

sarah, can you have your mom email me? I have a favor to ask...:)

Kristin said...

Awesome!

Jennifer Ofenstein said...

What a lovely story!

Deb said...

I am so happy for Evan! How sweet of you!

Pamela Nees said...

Sarah~what a wonderful job you did on the quilt! Glory to God!