My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Master of the Mail Machine

I am off with an important task.


I am heading to the post office.


I have some packages to mail.


My mom says I am a master of this mail machine. I can do the whole process by myself.  I have to answer some questions then I type in the zip code where the package is going.


If I've done everything correctly, a big sticker comes out to put on the box.



I have to repeat that step for every box I am mailing.


Here's my sticker for this one. 


Somebody just came in. I told him, "I'll be just a minute. I have one more package to mail."  He said, "Ok, no rush. Thank you." 


The last package goes in the bin.  That was a successful trip. 

4 comments:

Groves said...

Sarah, you are the queen and we love to see what you're up to!

We got a book this week - "I'm Down With You" by Khalsa - and my kids spent hours pouring over it and hoping there might be a picture of you. I don't think there was, but we sure looked! Have you see that book?

Always your fans,

Cathy in Missouri & family :)

Cool Cats and Quilts said...

Well Sarah, I wish you lived closer to me, I would get you to do my mailing for me!

Kristin said...

I love using those mail machines!

Shelly Turpin said...

Wow - way to go Sarah!