My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A Furry Newborn In the Store

Today I had a visitor at the store. The youngest one yet.  She is only three weeks old.


She arrived in a basket.


Then she got down on the floor for a little bit. She is so tiny. She is just starting to walk.


I liked watching her. She cries a lot. I think that means she is hungry.


Her name is Zipper.  Her mommy can't be found. So our friend Bonnie is raising her.


Bonnie has to fed Zipper with this little tiny baby bottle. Inside is kitty formula. I was thinking about trying it. No...not the milk, feeding Zipper:)


So I started to pet her so she would know who I was. But guess what happened?  All of a sudden my airway started closing. I started coughing. My neck started to get scratchy and then my lungs started to tighten. And I had to go upstairs. Good thing my mom keeps an emergency inhaler in the store. I needed it four times before I could start breathing again. I had to do my relaxation exercises too. And drink water. Ugh!!! Sorry Zipper. I guess we can't be best friends after all.  

8 comments:

Sabrina said...

Oh, what a sweet kitten! I adore cats! It's disappointing that you're allergic, Sarah, but at least you got to spend a little bit of time with Zipper. :)

Rochelle said...

Oh no, so sorry you were allergic to zipper.

XUE said...

Hi Sarah! I am writing all the way from Dubai, a state in the United Arab Emirates. I have great admiration for you & your mom. My daughter sews with me too, so we also have that special excitement & feeling when making projects or just admiring fabrics. Lots of hugs to you & your mom from us over here!

Shelly Turpin said...

sorry Sarah about that! I'm so glad that you know what to do to get better.

Kristin said...

Holy cuteness - big bummer that you are allergic.

Mary said...

So cute!

Beth said...

Sarah, I have asthma too-and I'm terribly allergic to cats! For some reason, cats seem to love me--they pick me out from a crowd and will come over to rub against my legs.
I'm glad you had your inhaler to help you breathe again. I always carry one in my purse.
Hope you're all better from Zipper! (I really like the name, especially since it's sewing name!)

starrlife said...

How adorable is she that little Zipper! Well, you may just outgrow that kitty allergy Sarah- many people do!