My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Planes with Surprises

We are off to Utah. I was a little surprised at first because my mom was going down a different road.

That is because we left from the Akron/Canton airport. It is smaller than Cleveland. I really liked it a lot. We brought my transport chair so I would not be too tired.


And we brought the bucket, just in case. We had to land in Denver.


They had a cart waiting for me to take us to the next gate. That was a surprise.


The cart was moving so fast my hair was blowing in the wind. I was waving to people like I was in a parade. That made my mom laugh.  She took some video.


Check this out. While we were waiting for the next flight, my mom showed me the pictures. That was a surprise.


We were on Frontier Airlines. Do you know they have television on the plane. I watched the Disney Channel and they make chocolate chip cookies. They were warm. I loved them. That was a surprise too.

All of a sudden the pilot came on and said welcome to Salt Lake City. That flight was so short.


And then the greatest surprise of all.  Polly was waiting for us with a big sign. I really liked that. 

6 comments:

Denise said...

So bummed that it didn't work out for us to get up to Utah. Hope you have a wonderful visit. I know so many people are so excited to get to meet you guys. Yes, I am jealous but this doesn't mean it will NEVER happen. I happen to like to travel and would meet everyone of our blog friends if I could....darn money (or lack of it) gets in the way. But someday.....Hope you have the time of your lives!!

Sabrina said...

Warm chocolate chip cookies on a plane? I am SO jealous... ^_^ Glad you reached Utah safely! Have fun!

Cammie Heflin said...

Have a fabulous time!

kate spain said...

How wonderful that Polly was there to meet you! So sweet. Sounds like you're already having a fun time, and Quilt Market hasn't even started! Wish i could be there to stroll the aisles with you, but i'm so happy that you're blogging while you're there so i can read all about it and see it through your eyes. love, kate

Groves said...

Oh, Sarah! So fun to see your trip! We are following along all the way.

Thanks for the posts - keep having a great time! :)

Love,

Cathy in Missouri and the kids, too

Emily said...

I LOVE these pictures! I hope you tell the whole story of your trip like this.

Have fun!