My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Monday, April 18, 2011

Scared Straight Photos

by Joyce: For all of you calling...here are some photos. Yes indeed a police chase ended on our street today...well more accurately it ended in our neighbors back yard. I truly do not understand how anyone believes they will get away with bank robberies in this era of technology. Cameras are everywhere. And even more quizzical is why would you pick a cul-de-sac on your escape route. I will have to hand it to you though...some great driving skills making it through the two houses.


Moving onto another part of the story...this is why I hesitate ever leaving Sarah home alone. I've been scared straight once again.

5 comments:

Becca said...

Omg, how scary!! Wow, you just never know where that kind of thing can happen. And you're so right, how on earth can people truly think they can get away with it? Must have been a real act of desperation. Sad.

Zoey's mom said...

So,so scary Joyce.

Sorry that Sarah has been struggling with her breathing again but I am loving that photo oh so much more than one's I have seen when she has truly been down and out.

We are so thrilled about the store and never apologize.I know first hand how busy life can be ... in other news... did you hear?Denise and I may just be taking a road trip to Utah while you are there.Looks like it just may be work.So excited!

Junior said...

yikes, scary

Melissa said...

That's crazy! I'm a police dispatcher though so I hate to say it but I'm not really shocked. You wouldn't believe the stuff that goes on everyday and what people think they can get away with.

Laurie said...

oh, I SO understand the "scared straight". I struggle with leaving my son, Nevin (21 yo) home by himself. We do.... for 2-4 hours at a time, but then something "happens" that reminds me of what COULD happen, even though he's fine with the "normal" routines. But I worry about those "rare" instances that he wouldn't have the skills to deal with. It's such a dilemma.... he repeatedly tells me he's FINE staying home by himself.