My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Just One Star

I have been very busy at the store packing kits.

First, I have to fold the directions.

Then I put it into the bag. It is just the perfect size.

Next I put in one pile of pre-cut fabric. My mom works on the cutting part. Then I seal it shut.

My last task is to put on a store label. I made 48 of these kits so far.

Finished. This is for a very important mission. It is a project to make quilts for men and women serving in the military who have been wounded. You can read more about it on our store blog.

2 comments:

Shelly Turpin said...

Cool project - y'all are always doing amazing things! So inspiring!

Groves said...

Sarah, I don't have anything deep and wonderful to say - other than we like you a whole lot!

And every day Garland asks what you are doing now. She can't wait to hear the latest!

Lots of love,

Cathy in Missouri