My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

You All Win

There was another package waiting for me upstairs.

I really can't believe all the mail I am getting. I wonder what this could be?

OMG!!! It is a bag from Disneyland.

Look at this. A key ring with my name on it.

And look at this. Mickey Mouse ears made with buttons. You all guessed it. We sell buttons in the store. How perfect is this!!! I wonder who it is from...

There is a card...

with hearts falling out of it. "Mom, come get a picture of my leg."

This is so sweet. It is from Kristen's mom, Polly. She went to Disneyland. She was sad because Kristen was not with her. And then she saw this pin and thought of me. That makes me cry a little. I think Kristen helped her find it. Thank you so much. I love the pin and the key chain. And I have a little surprise for you...

5 comments:

Groves said...

Polly, you sweetheart - and Sarah, you sweetheart!

What a fun little package of love. :)

It made me cry a little, too - Kristen is definitely missed. *VERY* missed.

Love,

Cathy in Missouri

Sabrina said...

That was so sweet of Kristen's mom to think of you, Sarah! I'm definitely sure that Kristen directed her mother towards those sweet little trinkets for you. What a wonderful friend she is! :)

Kristin said...

That was so nice of Polly! And it's so cute.

Emily said...

I'm glad Kristen's mom is keeping your friendship going.

A surprise! Tuesday's my birthday too! What blessings!

Sarah Marie said...

Kristen is looking down from Heaven smiling at you Sarah! That was so sweet of her mom to think of you. :)