My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Please, Please Pray

At this exact moment, more than half way around the world, this sweet momma is walking into a court room hoping to receive permission to bring this beautiful precious child home with her. To free her from the confines of the orphanage she lives in. To provide her with a tender loving family.
Evan and Angie

.
But it could be complicated. Angie and her husband Clark are in the exact same courtroom, with the exact same judge who denied Kirill's family last week. Clark has been preparing a statement. He is asking for prayer for his strength as he presents their case. Their plea to hopefully allow this judge to see the warmth and desire in their hearts to bring Evan and all her 47 chromosomes home. To follow their story click here. It could be a long day for them. The Davis family presented testimony for more than five hours. Wouldn't it be miraculous if the Hook family was able to convince the judge in half that time and convince her to allow Kirill to come home too. Miracles do happen.
.

7:30 am EST Update - Word is coming in there is a problem with the paperwork. It is being worked on. Please continue prayers and uplifting thoughts. They have not yet been denied. There is hope.

2 comments:

stephanie said...

so many people woke up this morning to pray,or fasted yesterday. My heart aches when I think what these families are going through, but i'm so happy we have a beautiful community that has rallied behind them like we have.

Emily said...

I will keep both families in my prayers today!