My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

For the Love of Reece's Rainbow

by Joyce...That last post was hard to write. Even harder to imagine. As the news spread around the world, there were so many of us that had a hard time grasping it's meaning. Why would a little boy be denied a family? Simply because he had an extra chromosome. I so wanted to believe there was a larger message that one day we could understand. Boy, the power of prayer certainly can make that happen. Quickly. Today, Patricia Heaton stepped forward to help. She has offered $1 to Reece's Rainbow for each person that follows Reece's Rainbow on Twitter up to $10,000.


More importantly, Ms. Heaton is lending her international star power to Reece's Rainbow and that will hopefully help spread the word to help Kirill and his family and the other families who are in the process of adoption.


Speaking of adoption, I had a visitor today in the store. Susan's story is so beautiful. She has two precious girls...


Shannon


and Mary Ellen


Both adopted through Reece's Rainbow. Please click this link to read her story. I can't tell you how thrilled I am to know Susan. We are going to get the girls together real soon. We live within blocks of each other. She even owns a business just down the street on Mayfield. Small, small, world. I truly am so blessed and thankful to have such wonderful people coming into my life. Please continue to pray for the Davis family. Kirill's story is moving mountains, but it must be a heavy load to carry for Tesney and Greg.

2 comments:

Adelaide Dupont said...

Wow. Great to meet Shannon and Mary Ellen. Yes, the world is small!

And the amount of star power...

Emily said...

Never wanted to join Twitter til now. Thanks for showing this link!