My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Celebrate T21

Today is World Down Syndrome Day. Celebrate!!! Be proud!!! If you have a family member with Down syndrome, call them. Tell them you love them. Give them a hug if you can. If you don't know someone with Down syndrome, educate yourself. Read the hundreds of blogs on our sidebar. Down syndrome is one of life's greatest gifts.

With side effects. Side effects from knowing a person with Down syndrome include, joy, laughter, frustration, wonderment, awe, perplexity, surprise, fascination, confusion and love, love, love. Quoted from Beth Lennox, the very wise mother of beautiful Hannah, age 13.

6 comments:

Sabrina said...

Beautiful post, Sarah! I recently just met someone with Down Syndrome, and he's a really great guy. I like the part in your post about the side effects - too true! That makes me smile. :)

Kristin said...

Happy WDSD!!!

Zoey's mom said...

Blessed to be connected to you, sweet Sarah,and your beautiful family!Another wonderful "side effect" ... connections made,support found and love shared.Aren't we lucky?

Sarah said...

LOVE your blog. Wish I could come visit your beautiful shop in Ohio but I am all the way in California.

Karen said...

I can honestly say that DS is one of the biggest gifts we've ever been given. Happy (belated) DS Day!

Mama Mason-Mann said...

Happy World Down Syndrome Day Sarah!!!!