My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

42 Bolts of Batiks

My mom told me while I was getting dressed there was a surprise for me at the store.

Yep, there were 42 new bolts of batiks. And then she told me I needed to unwrap them. All of 42.

"Are you kidding me??!!!"

Oh man, this is going to be a long, tiring day.

10 comments:

The Hapa Girl said...

Well...at least they looked pretty :)

Adelaide Dupont said...

Hope you do unwrap them.

Look at the edges which are folded.

And I love the way they're so beautifully organised in colour and in season.

Sabrina said...

I don't envy you having to unwrap all of those, but they are beautiful colors! :)

eliz said...

That IS alot of unwrapping!!
(((HUGS)))

Emily said...

Good thing you're a hard worker ;)

Carol N. said...

They look so beautiful, just the way they are - Maybe we should all by "42 Bolts of Batics" and hang them on our walls still wrapped!

(I think Sarah would agree :o)

Laurie said...

Oh my, that is a lot of unwrapping! Whew! Which one is your favorite color?

kate spain said...

wow! that's a lot of work!! at least they're beautifully colorful and i'm sure you did a great job, sarah! aren't you getting excited for spring!? i can't wait for it to be warm again. we just got more snow this morning. :(
love u. k

Samantha said...

Looks like a lot of work!

Becca said...

Wow, what gorgeous colors! I bet they were actually fun to unwrap... :-)