My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Reporter

My mom told me a reporter was coming to the store today. To interview me. Me. As in ME!!!!

Meet John. John Campanelli. He works for The Cleveland Plain Dealer.

He asked me a bunch of questions. Like...what was my favorite food? and...what was on my iPod. and...my favorite movie. Then we got to laughing. He was sooooo nice. He said he was reading my blog. He asked me about all of our blog followers.

So I got all the cards out that everyone sent me when we opened the store. He was very impressed. We told him how we have never met most of you, but you are like friends to me and my mom. After a while it was time for him to go. He said he would be writing about me one day soon. How cool.

12 comments:

Alex's Mom said...

Congrats - that is so exciting - you are such a celebrity and incredible self- advocate!

To Love Endlessly said...

This is very cool Sarah! I'll have to make sure my parents pick up the Plain Dealer when that story is written. :-)

hollyctr said...

Very cool. Sarah, you are famous!

Sabrina said...

Very cool! Congrats, Sarah! :)

Kristin said...

Wow - very cool!

Kwilt Noob said...

Good for you, Sarah! I can't wait to read the article. By the way, did you eat your egg for breakfast? Was it delicious? :)

Cammie Heflin said...

Sarah, YOU are the COOLEST!!

Becca said...

How cool! Hope we get to read the article soon! (By the way, I see the photo of me and Samantha on top of the pile...!!) :-) :-)

Emily said...

That is so AWESOME, Sarah!

Cindy said...

Wow Sarah! We're proud of you! Cindy and Beth

Mary said...

That's amazing Sarah!

starrlife said...

If it got any cooler you would have to live in Iceland!!! You are such a beauty Sarah!