My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Paparazzi

OMG!! After John, the reporter left, next thing you know there are paparazzi after me. Hey, that's another Lady Gaga song I could sing for share day. LoL.

No not really. Not the paparazzi. It was Lynn Ischay, the award winning photographer from The Cleveland Plain Dealer.

At first I was not so excited to be having my picture taken, but then Lynn started showing me her camera. She was so nice too. My mom was seriously jealous of that camera.

Then I got to see me on the screen. That was pretty fun. Do you see the scissors in my hand? We used them as a prop. I had to be very careful. I told Lynn I did not want any teeth in my picture. She said she would make sure to tell the editor. How do you like that? I am bossing a newspaper editor!!! This is crazy.

9 comments:

Zoey's mom said...

You are so amazing Sarah.We are very proud of you.You are a real life celebrity!

We love you Sarah and we feel blessed to have you in our lives,even if just through the internet and we hope,one day,we might be lucky enough to meet you face to face.How great would that be?Kisses from Zoey Grace.

Looking Up said...

Awesome!

Rochelle said...

Awesome Sarah, you are famous indeed!

Emily said...

"I did not want any teeth in my picture." Be honest and you'll get what you want. Love it!

Cheryl said...

Sarah ... you're famous! I came to read your blog after reading about you in a quilting magazine. I love your story and I enjoy reading your blog. I have made pillowcases too and donated them so we share something. And my very own sweet daughter (she thinks she is famous too) Stefanie, also has Down syndrome. Enjoy your fame!
Cheryl in Virginia

Anonymous said...

We love reading about your adventures.

Theresa & Erin said...

Fun, we are blessed to know you and read about your life.

Kwilt Noob said...

Hi, Sarah! My kids never want to show their teeth when they get their picture taken either. I'm always telling them to show their "pearly whites!"
Personally, I think you have a beautiful smile, but you keep telling those paparazzis who's running the show!

Kristin said...

So fun!