My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Now...About the Egg

So do you remember this...

I posted about this egg the other day. Well, now I am going to tell you where it came from...



ha LOL...You knew that...right? Watch this...



Guess who that is talking? That's John Campanelli, the reporter who wrote that awesome story about me in The Cleveland Plain Dealer. He brought me that egg. From his very own chicken. How totally cool is that.

oh I almost forgot. There was one person who was really close to guessing what I had in my hat. So for Kwilt Noob...

there is a charmpack of Le Petit Poulet waiting for you at the store. What's that you ask? It is a pack of 5 x 5" squares of fabric designed by American Jane. And inside is...

a block of fabric with a...chicken!!!

3 comments:

Kwilt Noob said...

OH MY GOODNESS! Sarah, thank you so much!! I don't think I slept more than ten minutes last night because of those darn thunderstorms, and I woke up this morning feeling very tired and crabby.......until I read your post, that is!
Thank you so much for the charm pack. I just love that fabric. Tell your mom I will be in to the shop sometime this week to pick it up, and a few other pretties as well I am sure. Somehow I can never leave House of Fabrics with just the few items on my list!

Laurie said...

Cool video's!! I like your blog. It inspired me to think about getting my sewing machine out.

John Campanelli said...

Thank you so much, Sarah! Our chickens -- Mother Hen, Stripey and the two Reds -- love it when I tell them they are famous. (Although it might be the extra "scratch" I give them.)

They are happy to lay more eggs for you, and we are getting some chicks in April, so please come down to Hudson to visit. You are always welcome.

Thanks again for letting me visit you and your store. And thank you for your great answers to my questions!

Happy Spring.

- John