My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My Pillow for Kate

I have been working hard on a new project.

Most of the Moda designers have been showing pillows on their blogs all month.

They were asked to make a pillow that told a story about their life.

Some were cute.

Some were serious.

Some were simple.

And some were very detailed. Like my friend Kate's.

Hers told a complete story. You can read all about it here. Can you believe she used to draw Hello Kitty? Fun, fun, fun.

I decided if I were making a pillow about Kate it would be one big gigantic heart. Because that is how big her heart is. And then I would put a message on it...

Luv U Kate. And your fabric:)

6 comments:

Kristen's mom said...

I love her fabric too. I just finished 6 more pillowcases yesterday and my favorite were the 2 I made with her "12 days of Christmas" fabric. I'm saving those to be delivered in December.
I LOVE your pillow!

The Spicer Family said...

Sarah, your pillow is beautiful and perfectly done! You look beautiful in your pink shirt...it matches the pillow. One last little thing, I love your hands, too. You have great hands for quilting, don't you? Jill

kate spain said...

Dear Sarah,
I love you right back! Your pillow is so wonderful and it makes my heart smile to know that you made it. It has been such an incredible joy for me to see you in newspapers, online publications, American Patchwork and Quilting...what's next!? My goodness, I don't know how you keep up with everything especially signing all those autographs! Now you know what Lady Gaga must feel like :) Thank you so much for brightening my day and lifting my spirits with your thoughtfulness. Lots of love, kate

Sabrina said...

Oh, I love that pillow, Sarah! It's beautiful! What a special gift for Kate. You have such a talent! :)

Chef Mama Lori said...

Sarah, your pillow is very pretty! I know Kate will be so happy to have this wonderful pillow. You are a good seamstress!

jess said...

I love, love, love that pillow!! I haven't sewed anything for a while but I feel inspired to get my fabric stash out. :)