My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

It Says I'm a Star

We had an ice storm in Cleveland today. My mom told me my picture was suppose to be in the paper.

But the paper was out at the end of the driveway. Neither one of us wanted to go out to get it because we were still in our pajamas.

Later in the day I had music therapy. While we were backing out of the drive, my mom stopped to pick up the paper. We decided it would be a good idea to open it with Bonnie, my music therapist. Afterall, I said that is what makes me happy...music therapy.

I started turning the pages. I spotted the Ohio State basketball players, Go Bucks!!!, but not me.

And then all of a sudden there it was. Ahh...I liked the picture. And then Bonnie helped me read it. It says I am a star. Wow, I liked that.

I could not believe that was me in the newspaper. Thank you John and Lynn.
And now...for your viewing pleasure...me...and Bonnie...reading the paper...



7 comments:

Rochelle said...

You are a super star Sarah!!!

Kristen said...

Wow Sarah! I feel like a big-shot just for knowing you!! :) It's so awesome that you're a star!

Sabrina said...

That's really cool, Sarah! You ARE a star to me and everyone else who follows your (and your mom's) blog. You go, girl! So proud of you!

Sweet Pea's Mommy said...

You definitely are a star and I love the picture!

BTW, I felt like a star having you comment on my blog!!!! Thanks!

Sheva said...

Your picture look BEAUTIFUL!! I'm so excited for you, your a true star!

Elizabeth McClung said...

Thank you for sharing your day. The write up in the paper was good, and I enjoyed the video. It is snowing here and we don't want to go out in pajama's either.

To Love Endlessly said...

Which paper? I'm going to have my parents pick it up, if it's not too late.

Oh yeah, I love your pillow case too. your sewing is great!