My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Interview

The date was set. October 26, 2010.

My mom had me sit at the kitchen counter. She used her cell phone with the speaker on.

Maria asked me some questions. I answered them.

Then she told me the article would be coming out on February 1, 2011. I didn't think I could wait that long...
.
Here's a tiny clip of that interview.

video

9 comments:

To Love Endlessly said...

So this is for sale now? I can go buy the magazine? how exciting!

kate spain said...

Congratulations Sarah!! You did such a wonderful job!!! I got my issue the other day and was so happy when I opened it to see your smiling face. Such a meaningful way to honor the memory of your good friend Kristen. I'm am so excited for you and your family and proud of you for all your work! love, kate

Shelly said...

Sarah, you HAVE to post the link. I can't wait to read it:) You Rock, Sister!!!!

Becca said...

How exciting! I'd love to have the link, too, so I can read it! :-)

Sabrina said...

Fantastic! Is this article going to be available online? What magazine is it in? I can't wait to read it! :)

Cindy said...

We're all excited about this! What's the name of the magazine? Can we buy it in the store? Can we read it on-line?? Give us all the details! :)

Jeana said...

Sarah, you are doing such amazing things! We are all so proud of you.

Michelle said...

Sarah congrats! You are sharing your sweet 'light' with the world!!

Maria Charbonneaux said...

Sarah, it was a pleasure interviewing you and learning about your friend Kristen. I hope you enjoyed reading the story as much as I enjoyed writing it!