My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my journey.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

We're Both Wearing Brown

After we left Target, my mom asked me if I wanted to stop to eat dinner. We have not had a girl's night out for a while, so I said sure. I picked Cracker Barrel. It was pretty empty. While we were waiting for our food, we played the game with the golf tees. Until this guy came in, that is. He sat down right next to us. I looked over at him with a grin. I noticed we were both wearing brown...

...and that's when I did it. I asked Mr. UPS if he had a package for me. I thought my mom was going to fall off her chair. He smiled. I think he heard me perfectly. Do you know what he said?

"No I don't. But I wish I did you are so cute!!!" LOL. It must be my new haircut:) And then I whispered to my mom, "Do you think he took Grandma her boots?" And that's when my mom starting laughing. And then I started laughing. It was just like it used to be. When we were always being silly together. We had a good time.

10 comments:

Kristin said...

You two are so funny together. I hope my daughter & I get along as well when she is your age :)

Loren Stow said...

Sounds like so much fun! It's great when you and your mom can have fun like that!

hollyctr said...

You always lift my heart! Thanks for the good laugh!

Karen said...

I love your sneaky smile - it's just awesome.

Emily said...

That's so funny! Good one, Sarah!

Cathleen said...

Love it!

Mer said...

so funny :)

Becca said...

A perfect smile to start off my Friday!! Love this!

Sabrina said...

That's funny! You've got a great sense of humor, Sarah! :)

starrlife said...

Those pics are adorable! And the story hysterical-- what a great mother daughter time!