My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Welcome to Our New Readers

Me and Kristen ~ Friends Forever
If you are arriving to my blog from Better Homes & Garden's American Patchwork and Quilting, welcome!!! We are so happy you found us. Although this blog is about Down syndrome, it is really about so much more. It is about my life. My accomplishments. My dreams and my interests. I have an amazing life. And many wonderful friends.

Like Kate Spain. Kate is a designer for Moda. She found my blog last year and she came to the grand opening of our store in August. If you click THIS LINK it will let you read and watch some videos about my sewing and quilting. It really all started with a jelly roll and turnovers of Clementine designed by Me and My Sister.

We also have a blog you can follow just for the store. www.jellenshouseoffabric.blogspot.com/

If you live in Northeast Ohio, we would love to meet you. Please note that we are closed on Sunday and Monday. All other days we are there 10 - 5 and open late on Thursdays until 8:00. I usually work on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.

I hope you enjoyed our story. I am sad that I can't send things to Kristen anymore. But her light is shinning so bright. We will never forget her.

10 comments:

patsy said...

just catching up on your blog and the story about the gerber daisy...beautiful. and the story about the cookies....made me smile :)

Anonymous said...

Simply amazing Sarah. You are a champion for the world to see.

Lacey said...

So going to go out and buy that magazine today!

Alex's Mom said...

Sarah - this is so awesome. Congrats to you and all your hard work1 I am going to spread the word!

my family said...

sara I know I dont always comment but I always check in on you and your mom and of course how the shop is going. Love the pillowcases and the story aboutthe gerba daisys (my fave flower) You all are doing awesome with your sewing and all of your hard word. Thank you for being such an inspiration to me

ParkerMama said...

Just came from Kristen's blog. I was so thrilled to read about this.

Sarah, you have two HUGE fans in Utah.

xoxo,

Tammy and Parker
www.prayingforparker.com

Kristin said...

You are so awesome!

Amy said...

Congratulations, Sarah! I love catching up on your blog. I can't help but get cheered up when I see your beautiful smile:)

espensen said...

Hi there Sarah and mom. Just saw your blog coming from the "3 little bill goats" blog about Aiden and his family. I am the father af Kaya at 3 who has DS. We live in Denmark and we just love to read the stories of fantastic people like you Sarah. You are an inspiration! Head on over to our blog, if you want to catch a glimpse of Kaya (www.hjemmehoskaya.blogspot.com). It is in danish but I guess you can rely on google translate to help you out. Have a brilliant day.

Brenda Vance said...

Bonjour Sarah, I happened upon your story in the magazine today. My what a lovely young lady you are. I wish you very much success in your new shop.