My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my journey.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Kristen's Kitchen

Today we will dedicate our creative kitchen at JEllen's house of fabric in loving memory of Kristen Ann Kirton.

We made a little display with colors we thought she would like. At 7:00 p.m. we will be offering a prayer in her memory and asking for continued strength for her family. We miss you Kristen.

9 comments:

JRS said...

What a lovely tribute.
---Jen

Emily said...

You treasure her memory in your hearts. That's a comfort and a priceless gift to her family. Good luck with the pillowcase challenge today!

The VW's said...

BEAUTIFUL.....in more ways than one!

Kristin said...

So sweet.

Zoey's mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Zoey's mom said...

This is amazing!I can only imagine what this means to Polly and her entire family.They are so blessed to call you friends and we all are so very blessed by Kristen's light that continues to shine so very brightly.

Kwilt Noob said...

Hi, Sarah!

It was so lovely meeting you today. I feel like I have made a new friend! I really enjoyed making the pillow cases with you and your mom and all the other nice people that were there. It was a wonderful way for you to remember your friend, and for us to learn a little bit about her. Thank you so very much!

Mary

Amy L said...

I wish I could have been there. Kristen holds a very special place in my heart.
Amy

Patti said...

Your family is so thoughtful and sweet...love you guys!