My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my journey.

Friday, January 21, 2011

In Our Thoughts and Hearts

We had been sewing all day long and we were almost at our goal of 50 pillowcases. More and more people were gathering.

I decided to show them a pillowcase I made. Remember the football fabric I was so excited about?

I had to show this side too.

But then it was time for something very important. A time to get serious for a moment.

My mom called Polly, Kristen's mom in Utah. We were about to offer a prayer and Polly asked if we could call her. Sister Webb did such a wonderful job. It was a beautiful prayer asking for continued comfort for the Kirton family.

Then my mom read the words on the plaque we made that will always be in our kitchen at the store. It was a very special evening for my friend Kristen the rockstar.
These are some of my friends who came to help us make the evening so meaningful. Thank you.

4 comments:

Sabrina said...

What a beautiful, touching tribute to Kristen, Sarah! I just know that Kristen was looking down from Heaven with a huge smile on her face! She is so blessed to have friends still here on earth who are thinking of her and helping keep her memory alive. God bless you!

Emily said...

I wish I could have been there - Thanks for the pictures!

Kristin said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I haven't read something this beautiful in a long time. I just came to your blog from the article in American Patchwork and Quilting. Such a wonderful story. You and Kristen are lucky to have each other. I believe she is with you every moment of every day in your store, just as she is with her family all the time. Heavingly Father is good like that, allowing eternal presence to be everywhere.