My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my journey.

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Birthday Blessings

by Joyce. For the past few weeks I have been praying for this adorable sweet girl...


Her name is Kareen. I first spotted her picture on the Reece's Rainbow website in the middle of December or so. I immediately noticed we shared the same birthday, January 15. That little commonality did not seem insignificant to me. I continued to check on her each day. Each time I looked into her face I saw our Sarah. I watched her fund grow slowly. Then Lily's mom did a post asking for help for this dear child. Her age put her at risk of being sent to an institution. And soon. I continued to pray. Was Kareen being sent to my heart for a reason? It brought me back to a place last July when a local adoption agency called me and asked if we could take a boy with Down syndrome into our home. The timing then and now is just not right. The quilt store occupies almost all of my waking hours. I don't believe I could take on the responsibility of a young one right now. I had every intention of posting her picture today, on our shared birthday, and asking all of you to help me pray for a family.

Then something amazing happened. TRULY AMAZING. Last evening I read that a family has been found. A wonderful family. I showed Sarah the pictures. She enthusiastically yelled out Bree. Sarah loves following Bree. I love following all three sisters. Such a birthday blessing for Kareen and for me. Thank you Kris & Kecia for opening your hearts, your love and your home to this beautiful, precious child. Please go leave Kareen a birthday message. Next year her sisters will be able to read them all to her. I can't wait to see the pictures of that joyous day.

9 comments:

Lisa said...

Joyce! I hadn't made the birthday connection between you and Kareen...OH MY, the red threads are amazing here!! Our Sara, Sarah Archer and Kecia were all born on Oct. 22. This is crazy. Crazy cool. Love all around. Happy, Happy Birthday :)!!!

kecia said...

Seriously, these threads are amazing and continue to be! This post was so beautiful! I of course cried! Thank you for all your kind words and most of all for your prayers! I know they found us! I loved the part about sarah getting excited that it was bree! She always leaves me sweet comments. Loves to you both on your brthday!

Kristin said...

Very cool. Happy birthday - it's my birthday, too!

stephanie said...

Isn't her family beautiful! It's amazing! I'm so happy for her, can't wait until she is HOME!

Lacey said...

And we get to meet this sweet girl in person! She will live minutes from us. Kecia met Arina at our Christmas party. I can't wait for their amazing journey!!

Rochelle said...

We are so excited for Kareen to have her forever family too. Love how God places these children on our hearts to pray them home.

Emily said...

WOW! Happy Birthday, Joyce and Kareen! I hope the next year abounds with blessings for you both.

To Love Endlessly said...

how cool! Happy Birthday to you and to sweet kareen.

Patti said...

Soooo happy for Kareen...thank you for your kind words on Lily's birthday as well!! :) Love you, Sarah and Joyce!