My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Friday, December 31, 2010

One Final Year End Plea

We just read that all the Angel Tree funds have reached at least $1,000 over at Reece's Rainbow. That is such great news. Most of our readers know that Reece's Rainbow helps families with international adoptions of babies born with Down syndrome. But they also help with other disabilities too.

Meet Katya. She just celebrated her birthday in an orphanage, but with our help a wonderful family in southern Ohio hopes to bring her home before her next one. Please go to their blog where you will find many ways to help them raise the funds they need to bring Katya home.

Are you wondering how we know about Katya? From Amy, one of our customers at the store. She even designed the blog card above. She doesn't live very close to our store even, but she comes in often with her mom. Actually, on Katya's blog there is a link to their etsy store where they sell clothing to fit 18" dolls and guess what? The fabric came from our store. Now how cool is that. We had an amazing week at the store, so we just made a donation to Katya's fund through Reece's Rainbow. Won't you please join us. Thank you. Wishing you all a very happy New Year.

1 comment:

Lacey said...

I see Arina, and I can't believe how much she's grown. In the orphange, she never had a reason to smile or play. I watch videos from the orphanage, and she's such a different person. What a difference we can make in their lives!