My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Light a Candle for Kristen

This is a picture of my blogging friend Kristen. She is spending Christmas in Heaven this year. I miss her. I know her family really does too. They have been busy making candles to take to her grave site tonight in Utah. It is the day of the Compassionate Friends Worldwide Candle Lighting Ceremony. We will be lighting candles at our house and at the store.

Please join me today, Sunday, December 12th at 7:00 pm by lighting a candle for Kristen and all the other children who have passed away. If everyone participates it will make one large circle of light around the world.

8 comments:

kate spain said...

sarah, so sorry you're missing kristen. it's hard to lose a dear friend. we've set our clock and will light a candle this evening. kristen and all the other children will be in our thoughts. love, kate

Simply, Sarah said...

I like the idea of "one large circle of light around the world."
We can't have candles at the Ronald McDonald House, but I'll have my family at home light one in honor of Kristen.

Rochelle said...

We will definitely be lighting a candle for Kristen and all the other children tonight!

JRS said...

I have a reminder set to light our house with candles tonight. HUGS Sarah.
---Jen

Sabrina said...

I'm so sorry about Kristen. I think lighting candles is a beautiful idea - no doubt Kristen will be looking down from heaven tonight and when she sees all of that candlelight she will know she was - and still is - very much loved!

Zoey's mom said...

We got ours in the mail from Polly too Sarah.Our's will be burning brightly for Kristen and all of our special friends we have lost along the way but will never,ever forget.Ever.

Emily said...

Lighting a candle tonight too - for Kristen and Carly too. Love, Emily

Kristen's mom said...

Thank you Sarah!