My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Friday, November 19, 2010

A Visit from my Friends

Hello. Have you missed me? My mom was obsessing about getting the computer backed up after reading about Aunt Leanne's sister the other night. Now that a computer crisis has been avoided, I can show you what happened in the store today.

Three of my friends came in to see me. We have all known each other since we were babies. We started in early intervention class together a long time ago.

This is Leesa. She works at a hair salon now.

And on the other side of me is Brittany in her high school letter jacket. She and I are only eight days apart in age. She works at Rockwell Automation.

And this is Carrie. She works at Bank of America. Oh here is one more thing. Do you remember Tim from No Rulz Art? He came into the shop with the tie-dyed socks and head bands that we sell in the store now. Well, Leesa, Brittany and Carrie work with Tim doing that too. And soon, we are going to be working on something that will combine all our efforts.
.
Yep, here we are twenty some years later. We are working, planning projects, hanging out. A fun group of young woman who just happen to have Down syndrome.

8 comments:

Mel said...

What a great bunch of friends you have :) Bet you had a lovely time catching up with each other. I hope my Luke is still friends with his little mates from Early Intervention when he is 20.

Sabrina said...

You and your friends look like a group of ladies I'd love to hang out with! I also happen to love the way you worded that last phrase, "A fun group of young woman who just happen to have Down syndrome." Never lose that mind-set.

You're awesome!

Shawndi84 said...

I WAS wondering what happened to you guys! :) That is so cool that you and your girls are still BFF's Sarah!! Hope your day was great!

Karen said...

How fun is that? I love that you've all kept in touch over the years.

Zoey's mom said...

And a beautiful bunch you all are!Friends make the journey so sweet,don't they?

Adelaide Dupont said...

Sarah:

great to meet Leesa, Brittany and Carrie.

The work and the projects are incredible. The friendships are beyond words.

Rochelle said...

Friends are the best, I love that you girls have stayed friends for 20 years. Awesome.

JRS said...

I loved this post. Thanks for sharing!
---Jen