My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

No Surprise...Arson the Cause...

by Joyce...No surprise...yet the newspaper is reporting today video surveillance tapes point toward two persons of interest...a man and a woman...believed to be in their 20's. My heart sank when I read that. Somehow I suspected it was young teenagers fooling around and things got out of control. But two people in their 20's is a bit of a different story. Young adolescent prank is no longer a viable defense at that age. I hope they catch the couple soon. I would like to hear an explanation. I also would like to see them ordered to clean up the mess with their bare hands. No doubt the children will be watching from the sidelines with tears of sadness streaming down their checks.

16 comments:

Adelaide Dupont said...

Is journalist P the same one who wrote about the Sewcial Lounge?

It does make you wonder about the mindset of these people. I mean, there's a whole continuum of motive (and lack of motive).

And one thinks of destruction of property contrasting with destruction of people (offences to the person).

hollyctr said...

totally lame...

Mary said...

That's just awful. So sad.

JennyH said...

That is sad! I hope the people get caught.

jjpsmommy07 said...

How terrible! It is hard to believe that people can really be that cruel.

Junior said...

awful

Becca said...

Awful, awful, awful. I'd love to see them have to clean it all up themselves, too. In addition to jail time, they should have to do a boatload of community service.

The VW's said...

UNBELIEVABLE! Why are some people so cruel?! Hope they catch them soon!

Lacey said...

I completely agree, 20's is time to be an adult. Some never grow up! So sad, it looked like a fantastic playground. I hope it can be rebuilt just as great!

Sabrina said...

This makes me so angry! Apparently these "adults" have no respect for other people. THEY should be ordered to help rebuild, plus they ought to be put in jail. Grrr!

Rochelle said...

So sad for anyone to do this but, you do assume that at 20+ you would be closer to the right track.
Hope their penalty does include clean up and paying for a new park.

Cammie Heflin said...

Unforgivable!

Catalina said...

I wonder waht kind of terrible things must happen to someone, to make them want to hurt someone anonymously in that way? I'm glad that instead of actually physically hurting someone they took it out ona playground, but I am very sad and angry that this beautiful playground is no more.

Tiffany said...

That is so sad. I hope they get a stiff punishment. Miss you girls over at my place! :)

Molly said...

I'm furious about this!

I personally would consider this a hate crime, against people with disabilities.

Kristen said...

This happened to a playground in our town this past summer too. They haven't been able to catch the perpetrators, who are believed to be teenagers. But it's so sad. This park, only a short distance from our house, was Cayman's favorite to swing at. Stupid people that do this kind of stuff! I like your words when you said they should be sentenced to clean it up with their bare hands!