My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Just like Karate Kid

After my friends left, we had to get to work. Five boxes of new fabric arrived on the same day.
Sari worked in the front room taking the bolts out of the boxes and then I would load them onto the shelf.
Sari and I are getting really good at that. We were about half way done when my mom came into the room.

She told me to take it down. The brown bolt that is.

Then she told me to pick it up.

Then she told me to put it down. "Mom," I said, "C'mon!!" She smiled. And then she said, "You're just like the Karate Kid Sarah. Remember... jacket on. Jacket off. Jacket on. Jacket off." And then we both bust out laughing. That was a good one mom. Funny.

But it made me tired. So I had to sit down. I bet Grandpa never thought I would be sitting on the shelves he made for the store. It makes a good seat. Are you wondering about the fabric? It is really for Valentine's Day. It is Giddy by Sandy Gervais for Moda. My mom said we are going to make some fun things out of it for little heart patients. That should be fun.

2 comments:

Adelaide Dupont said...

Now that would be excellent.

HeartKids need all the creativity and excitement in their lives that they can get, and you and Sari are doing such an excellent job.

Just like Karate Kid!

ABandCsMom said...

Oh Sarah, every time I come to your blog, I leave with a smile on my face. You are an amazing young woman.