My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Monday, November 8, 2010

Gifts from the Heart for Downs

I had a package waiting for me at the store. I love packages.

I very carefully opened it because it felt soft.

It was soft because there was a shirt inside.

It says "Gifts from the Heart for Downs." There was a very nice note from the founder Kim Adams, which told us all about this new venture. The purpose is to grant wishes to people with Down syndrome. You can read more about it HERE.

There were some pictures of her two kids. Both of them have Down syndrome like me. I put the pictures right up on our display board.

A little while later one of my mom's friends came into the store. Her name is Catherine. She really liked my new shirt. Thank you Kim for sending it to me. I will wear it proudly.

5 comments:

Adelaide Dupont said...

That polo shirt is fantastic!

And it's great to have pictures of the kids. It would be wonderful to hear about them as they grow.

(More little brothers and sisters to think about!)

If lots of people from this blog make sure to give a Gift from the Heart ...

(It's great to read about the process of making and granting the Wishes).

Heidi-Ashlie's Mom said...

I Love the New Shirt! It looks Great on you and what a Wonderful Program!

P.S. I love reading your blog, Its always inspiration for my daughter as she is growing up :)

Kristen's mom said...

How awesome is that? I love the shirt and the whole idea. Kristen was too old for make a wish, this will bring joy to many children.

Rochelle said...

Awesome idea. Thanks for sharing it with us. So many wonderful people in this world.

Sabrina said...

That is a really nice shirt, Sarah! The program is a super idea. =)