My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Very Big Disappointment

I was so excited to see a package on the porch when I came home today.

It had my name on it. It was from Las Vegas. Cool.

I was so excited to open it. No one knew what it was.

And then I opened it. Big disappointment. Very big disappointment.

It is my medicine. More Albuterol for the machine. Plus an extra inhaler for my music bag when I'm with Bonnie. One for the store. And one for my mom's purse. I already have one in my purse. Oh well. Maybe tomorrow something exciting will come.

7 comments:

To Love Endlessly said...

what a lame package! ;-) I know the feeling of thinking there's something cool in the box only to find that it's a computer part or something Bradley ordered. :-)

Sue said...

Joyce -
I noticed a lack of red dots on your map on NY. I've been following your blog(s) for some time now and would like to send a card. Could you forward the address to my email? sfarrell@pipeline.com. Thanks! So glad Sarah is feeling better!

Monica said...

Not exciting at all! I love getting packages, but not this kind. :-)

ABandCsMom said...

maybe not very exciting, but very necessary!

Karen said...

Ewwww, that is disappointing.

Talley Images said...

Aww, sorry it wasnt a fun package.. boo on that.

I want to send you a card, Sarah, but cant find your address - can you email it to me at talleyimages(at)yahoo(dot)com

Kristen said...

Oh man, what a let down. I have had those moments myself when a package arrives and it turns out to be something lame...perhaps very necessary, but completely boring.