My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Friday, October 1, 2010

Our Display for DS Awareness Month

October is Down Syndrome Awareness month.

So we decided to make a display at the store for our customers to see. I knew just what we would do. Hang all the pictures and cards that our blogging and facebook friends sent to us when the store opened.

Look how cute all the pictures are. Thank you so much to all of you.

Here is the map I have been updating as we get cards each day. It has been a lot of fun to see where they come from.

11 comments:

Kristin said...

Love the map idea!

Adelaide Dupont said...

So do I.

The map display is very inspiring!

JRS said...

Love it! You did get a lot of cards and pictures. Don't we have such a great community?
---Jen

Mary said...

Love it!

Kristen's mom said...

What a GREAT idea. You and your mom are awesome!

Rochelle said...

Great idea! The display looks great.

Cammie Heflin said...

What a great idea, I love it!!!

Cathy said...

What a great idea!! Happy Ds Awareness month.

Emily said...

What a great idea! I LOVE it! I have fallen off of the blogging world... I am trying to get back with it again! Happy Down syndrome month to you!
P.S. I noticed on your friends list you have my old blog address listed which shows some man and something about a Honda. Not me :)

Sheva said...

I love it! It is so creative a beautiful, i'm going to have to send something now, lol

Ria said...

I love the display. I recognize a few photos on your board. So neat!! i love the map idea.