My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

No Rulz Art, LLC

Meet my friend Tim.

He and his mom along with a few other friends started a company a few years ago when Tim aged out of his school system. It is called No Rulz Art, LLC. They make really cool tie dyed things like...

socks, and headbands. They have been going to craft shows for the past few years. They also have some displays in art stores in the area. We are going to sell their creations in our store too because people have been asking for them.

Look how cute their tags are. This one is for headbands.

This one is for socks. Here is what their information card reads:
The No Rulz Art Cooperative was established in 2007 to bring adults with and without disabilities together to explore different art mediums in a social atmosphere. Understanding Socks grew out of a tie dying project and has taken off as a result of the quality of work and cooperative efforts between people building on each others' strengths. All phases of the tie dying production are shared among the No Rulz members. Understanding from head to toe reflects our hope for a greater understanding of the abilities of ALL people.

11 comments:

Sheva said...

so cool, can we order them some how?

Bonnie Hayhurst said...

very, VERY COOL! Oh and hi Tim! Hope you are well. :)

Adelaide Dupont said...

Now I would not mind some Understanding Socks!

Will keep No Rulz Art in mind.

Bulldogma said...

That is so cool! What if you gave the No Rulz Art group a bolt of white fabric to tie-dye and sold it at your store? I bet there would be a market for one-of-a-kind dyed fabric :o) Just a thought.

Karen said...

Me, too! I want some socks! Can we order through you or is there a website?

Jenn said...

Hi Sarah! Hope you're feeling better!

I am going to add my question to the others who have already asked: how could those of us who live far away order some of Tim's socks and headbands? They'd make great Christmas gifts!

And I like Bulldogma's idea about the fabric too...but only if I could buy it from far away! :)

Suzie said...

Tim is very cute Sarah! Lily loves headbands and socks I would love to order her some for Christmas!

Sally said...

That Tim is a cutie - I love his smile! And their products look great...hope you sell a ton for them.

Rochelle said...

Awesome idea!

Sabrina said...

This is awesome, Sarah! I love tie-dyed stuff, and those socks are something I just have to have! How can I order some?

Molly said...

The socks! Love em!!

Let us know how we can order them!