My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Saturday, October 2, 2010

I'll take Dum Dums for $2,500

About a month ago, we were sitting in the drive thru at the bank. Everytime we go there this one lady gives me Dum Dums. Not just one, not just two, but three!!! So my mom decided to take my picture with my Dum Dums. I said "Really mom, c'mon. I am twenty one years old."

Then today...she sees this post on facebook. It says...enter your favorite picture of you with your Dum Dums and you could win $2,500. TWENTY FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS!!!! Did you just read that. I could buy a lot of cool stuff with that much money. Seriously...go to A Day in the Life of Dum Dums and you can upload your favorite picture for a chance to win too. btw...did you know that Dum Dums are made in OHIO!!! Oh yes they are.

8 comments:

Adelaide Dupont said...

Great to support local organisations.

rhiannenlouise@yahoo.com.au said...

This is a crazy aussie question Sarah - But what are Dum Dums?!?!

Adelaide Dupont said...

I can see that they're a lolly/sweet/candy, depending on what dialect of English one speaks and writes.

(There should be a language called Bloggish!)

What do they taste like? And what is in them? (Perhaps sherbet ... perhaps strawberry).

Looking Up said...

2500.00??? I'm going to have to run out & buy some Dum Dums this weekend!

kate spain said...

Sarah, i hope you win!! I love your new blog look and always enjoy seeing a different picture of you at the top! My Mom and Dad used to give out Dum Dums for Halloween (when everyone else gave out Snickers bars), i was always a little embarrassed about that, but got over it. Just like you'll get over your Mom taking this picture--especially when you win the big bucks! xxoo

ABandCsMom said...

Hoping you win Sarah!! I LOVE Dum Dum's too. All the years of eating them and I just now learn they are made in Ohio. Cool!

stephanie said...

OK now that would be a hoot if you won!!! Emmie's doctor has those in her office for the patients.

To Love Endlessly said...

hm, never knew they were made in Ohio either. Guess having that picture of you with your 3 Dum-Dums isn't so bad after all. haha. I was at the grocery store today and almost bought a HUGE bag of them...I didn't but maybe I should've. :-)