My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Monday, October 11, 2010

I Hate Smoking

I knew it. I just knew it. When we went out to our car on Saturday there were people smoking right next to us. I try to cover my mouth with my sleeve, but it doesn't help. That smoke goes straight to my lungs and then I can't breath.

Today, I could not go to work. I can't breath and my lungs are contaminated which gives me a fever. My mom has been giving me treatments all day long so hopefully I will be able to stay out of the hospital. I wish people did not smoke.

15 comments:

Rochelle said...

Oh Sarah, so sorry. I hate that somebody else's bad habit has caused you to be sick. Hope you are feeling better tomorrow and don't have to visit the hospital.

Cammie Heflin said...

Sarah I totally agree!! I cannot stand it when people smoke, especially around Addy and Cooper. It makes them both sick too. I wish ALL places were smoke free, including parking lots!

Patti said...

I am so sorry, Sarah! I will bepraying for you. You look so pretty all curled up in that sweet blanket:)

Karen said...

Oh, Sarah, I'm sorry! I hope you get better and don't have to go into the hospital.

And also, I love how pretty and coordinated your room is. What a happy place!

sheree said...

aww, what a BIG bummer. I agree that smoking is such a gross habit. I am sorry you are not feeling well. :(dh

patsy said...

i hope you feel better soon :)

Mary said...

I hear you. Feel better soon!

hollyctr said...

Sarah, I know how you feel! This time of year is hard too. I hope you are feeling much better soon!!

Scarehaircare said...

All public places should be smoke free!

{{{hugs}}}

Zoey's mom said...

Me and you both Sarah.Praying and hoping tomorrow is a better day.


You look so comfy in your room though.Snuggled up in your blanket.I LOVE the color of your room too.Very peaceful.

To Love Endlessly said...

oh yuck! I hope you are better tomorrow. Who knew someone's else stinky habit could lay you out for a day. Take it easy and keep up with those treatments so you can avoid the hospital!

The VW's said...

I hear you Sarah! YUCK! Sorry you aren't feeling well! Get better soon! Hugs!!!

Shelly Turpin said...

I am so sorry Sarah. I hope you feel better super fast!

jjpsmommy07 said...

so sorry you are not feeling well. get better soon Sarah.

Shawndi84 said...

Yuck!! Me too Sarah, disgusting!! Hope you get feeling better!