My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Monday, September 20, 2010

Sweet Innocence

Twenty Years Today...by Joyce
This has always been one of my favorite photos of Sarah and me. I have been keeping the photo album that looks back twenty years, beside my desk. I try not to look too far ahead of the date we are currently at, so as to capture the memory for that date, as it comes to me. When I turned the page this weekend and saw this photo, I felt a flood of emotions. Oh how I wish we could have frozen that day. Sarah was becoming a healthier baby. She was happy. I was content. Just a momma and her baby. Savoring in the moment of sweet innocence. Oh how I love that little girl.

11 comments:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Such a cute picture! Time goes by so fast! :)

Kristen said...

This makes me smile.

Kristen said...

This makes me smile.

Kristen said...

Oh dear, accidental double comment posting. Hey, maybe that just means that it was an extra big, big smile. :)

Kristin said...

Oh, that is a great picture. What a happy little Sarah!

Zoey's mom said...

Beautiful picture of the two of you.so darling Sarah was .... and is!

Tina said...

This is an absolutely gorgeous picture, it's so beautiful both of you look lovely and Sara so so adorable!!

Debbie @ Three Weddings said...

I love that picture! I also love how much you look like the Sarah today in that picture. No mistaking you are her momma!

Pallavi said...

Such a precious picture! Loved your smiles

Anne and Whitney: Up, Down and All Around said...

that picture is AWESOME! you both have such a GREAT smile - what a picture!!!

Rochelle said...

Beautiful post and picture.