My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Speechless with TEARS...the HAPPY Kind

from Joyce...As soon as the store closed today, I ran upstairs to the office to make a few phone calls relating to a snag we have encountered with our fabric vendor. I checked my email super quick and spotted a message from Lisa Peele suggesting if I don't already follow a blog, I should. Sadly, we have been so busy with the store that we have not had time to follow any blogs lately. So I quickly closed out of my email account and started to pick up the phone. I was not particularly happy with the person I was about to call and could feel my anger simmering deep within. I started to dial the number to this person's office, then all of a sudden I was overcome with a feeling that I needed to put the receiver down and go back into my email. This time I clicked on the link to this blog and started reading. Within seconds I was sitting in a pool of tears....HAPPY TEARS!!! Please allow me to introduce Sarah...

Sarah Archer

I came running home, never making the phone call as I quickly realized it is so not important, to show our Sarah the picture of her littlest namesake and told her all about the story. She was so excited. She says she has a new little sister coming. Oh I so hope one day we can meet Sarah Archer and her family. Maybe we can even somehow involve our favorite fabric designer, Kate. Oh speaking of Kate, I had the pleasure of having a sneak peak of her next fabric collection coming out in January and it is fabulous!!!

Now please head over to read this incredible story...Embracing Life's Journey...The Name Game

12 comments:

Mel said...

You weren't the only one in tears reading that post ;) Or reading yours, by the way!

Peggy said...

OMgoodness! This is SOOOO sweet!

Lisa said...

how amazing and such an honor for sarah...I was crying as I read that post! Hey Sarah...maybe they will call her dollface too :)

JRS said...

If you ever needed more confirmation of how much our community looks up to you and your family, well, I guess you got it. Thank goodness for the blogosphere which has such positive power to unite, support, educate, and spread joy in our world. Wow.
---Jen

Ellen said...

Wow. Just, wow.

I have always loved the Sarah, and since meeting yours, I have had that many more wonderful associations with the name.

Both of you are making such a difference in this world, to so many families.

Ellen said...

That should have said "the name Sarah." I am up too late!

Kristin said...

I read that post yesterday and was so overjoyed for both Sarah's. Love this blogging community and all the inspiration therein!

stephanie said...

Tears and goosebumps!!!! How beautiful!

Mary said...

Wow, what an honor!

Lisa said...

Made me cry too! Joyce and Sarah - you truly are an incredible source of encouragement and inspiration to so many families.

Shelly said...

Sarah and Joyce, I'm grateful that you began writing of your life and love. We never know who will "stop" in on our lives through our blogs. We may never know the impact we are having. But, know that every word we write, is making a difference to someone. I never knew that until this past week. I thought my story was one of many. The Ds/RR blogging community is amazing!! Our friend, Lisa Peele, said somewhere: "Individually our lives are important. Together, we are changing lives." Know that you changed our family's life in Columbus, Ohio, and we will never be the same. We are looking forward to the joy, happiness, and the life celebrated when we bring Sarah home. Filled with gratitude...

Karen said...

Awesome. I'm rather speechless, but so happy.