My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Sunday, September 12, 2010

So Many Utah Connections

Just before closing the store on Saturday, we had a visit from our missionary friends. I love when they come. They are always so nice. You might remember last February, when I introduced you to Sister Stewart and Sister Barker. They were both from Utah.


Today, I would like you to meet Sister Webb and Sister Park. Only one of them is from Utah. The other one is from Texas. Can you guess which one? They have been sending lots of their friends from the Church to our store. Everyone is so nice. OH and one of those friends just had a baby. Congratulations Holly and family on your new baby girl!!! We are going to try to visit the Church one Sunday. Today, I was not feeling so good though.

My mom read a great post the other day from another one of our blogging friends, Heather. It told her a lot about being Mormon. She said it is good to learn about other faiths.

And speaking of Utah...Guess what??? The big quilt show where shop owners go to buy their fabric is in Salt Lake City from May 13 -15, 2011. My mom and I are planning on going so we can see some of our Utah friends at the same time. Now if you are from that area, would you recommend staying at the Radisson, Marriott or Hilton hotels? We have to reserve our hotel soon. The quilt market is at the Salt Palace Convention Center downtown.

Oh and here is one more fun Utah connection. We just ordered some fabric from a new vendor...Riley Blake...and guess where they are headquartered? Draper, Utah.

Oh my gosh and guess what? We are expecting a box of new ink from Stampin'Up! tomorrow. And guess where that comes from? Riverton, Utah.

No wonder my mom just keeps talking about Utah. I just figured something out. Utah - Ohio. They both have four letters.

10 comments:

Kristin said...

How exciting. I've only stayed at the Marriott here, and it was nice :)
We'll have to have a big bloggy BBQ or something so all us Utahns can meet you in person!!!!

Cammie Heflin said...

How fun!! Just wish I could head to Utah to join you!

Lacey said...

Oh I agree with Kristen, when are you coming? We need to have a big party! Hopefully I'm not out of the country because I want to meet you and your mom! I think any of those hotels would be great!

heather said...

I can't wait for May! We are seriously going to have a big ol' party! Can't wait to meet you and your mom! I have a special spot in my heart for sister missionaries. .. I served a mission in Argentina and LOVED it! I hope you do make it to church one Sunday. I'd love to hear all about your experience there.

I've only stayed at the Hilton but I think any of the options you listed would be great. My parents have room at their home for you to stay, too. It is about 15 minutes from downtown. They have a nice home with an empty basement. Just a thought. :)

I'm seriously so excited for your visit! Hope you can stay for a long time. :) We'd love to have your family over for dinner.

Kristen's mom said...

Yeah for Draper, Utah! Come May...Party we will! If fact, I think some of our other friends not from Utah should plan to come here that week also, then we could have a really BIG party. So you all have plenty of time to plan your trip here to Utah. Go ahead and start planning now. See you all in May!

Scarehaircare said...

Stay at the Marriot. I think I have graduation the week before which means I can head to Utah that week and bring The Love Magnet to meet you.

If you want to see some great quilts, the LDS Church History museu, has some great ones. So does the Pioneer Memorial Museum (also know as Daughter of the Utah Pioneers Museum).

Did you know that Heather's daughter, Morgan is The Love Magnet's BFF? We have plans that they will be roommates someday. :)

That is so fun to read about all the Utah connections

Kimberly said...

I love a good Utah connection ;)
I have stayed at the Marriott that is downtown it was very nice.
Hope you have a great time!

hollyctr said...

I'm so glad someone passed on the news about the baby! We are very excited to bring Elaine to meet you. Hopefully very soon! Thanks for the congrats!

Bonnie said...

You have met so many great people Sarah! And what fun Utah connections to your store. :) Dirk and I have been to Utah (Salt Lake has a AAA team called the Salt Lake Bees). While there we stayed at the Sheraton in the heart of downtown and we loved it. Have fun!!

Carrie said...

We have tons of Utah connections too--maybe we'll head out there in May too so we can meet you and all our other Utah blogging friends! Can't wait to hear about your visit to Church!