My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Saturday Night Sillies

After we closed the store on Saturday, we had to hop in the car and drive to Brunswick to pick up Matt. He was hanging out with his soccer buddies for the day.

When we got there, my mom called him on his cell phone. He said he could see us, but we couldn't see him. And then he said to look up. Do you see him? All the way at the top of the stadium with the umbrella. For some reason, I thought that was so funny. So I started to laugh.

Then he got in the car and sat next to me in the back. He said he had to change his pants because they were so wet. My mom said, "Oh that will be a great picture." And I started to laugh some more.

Then Matt said, "Talk to the hand. No pictures." Now I am really laughing.

Then we laughed some more.

Awe....a cute picture with my little brother. Then my mom started to drive. And I spotted someplace I wanted to go. So she screeched her tires and pulled in...

SONIC...I love Sonic. Today I had a burger and fries. Matt had a coney. My mom wanted to know why the best menu is on the other side of the car...

She started chanting, "Come here desserts, come closer desserts. I want you desserts, but I can't see you desserts." And then Matt and I started to really laugh. Like silly Saturday night laughing. Then the waitress came rolling over in her roller skates with pink wheels. Matt thought she was hot. And then we laughed some more.

Until it was time to dig in. Geesh, I think Matt is starving. Haaa...Matt is always starving.

I had such a fun night with my little brother. Then we had to drive all the way back to Cleveland in the pouring rain. Matt stayed in the back seat with me the whole way. I love him.

10 comments:

Looking Up said...

Sounds like fun to me! Don't know why I never realized that you were in Cleveland before. Guess cause I'm relatively new to the blog. We live in Aurora, OH. We'll have to visit your store some time!!!

Rochelle said...

Sounds like a great way to spend a Saturday night. Giggling with those you love.

Mel said...

What a great team you two are!

Becca said...

I just love seeing the wonderful relationship between you and your brother! You two are both very lucky to have each other. Saturday night sounds like a lot of fun. I wish we had a Sonic somewhere near here. :-(

Bulldogma said...

I love getting the giggles like that! How FUN!

Adelaide Dupont said...

Such fun!

Hope Mum got des(s)erts.

And such an amusement from Matt.

Your smile is so catching! Or fetching!

Anonymous said...

How cool to spend such a great evening with your brother. How lucky you both are!

Jan

Tiffany said...

I love this post. And I LOVE Sonic!!

Mary said...

How fun! Brothers are great!

Loren Stow said...

Sounds like a great fun! These kinds of nights are what memories are made from!