My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

I Made the Front Page!!!

As soon as I came down for breakfast I saw it. My picture is on the front page of today's newspaper, The Sun Messenger.

There it is in full color. A picture of my mom and me standing in the store. I was so happy I am giddy. I can't wait to show everyone.

My mom was so happy with the way the article is written. A HUGE THANK YOU to Jeff Piorkowski for writing in such a way to accurately portray our story. Once the link is up we will update this post so you can read the entire article.
Here is the LINK

24 comments:

Leah said...

Sarah, you are a STAR!!!!! WOOT WOOT!

Kristen's mom said...

Oh Sarah! You are famous! We are all so proud of both you and your mother. You have shown us all what we should be doing. You are great examples and I am honored to call you my friends.

Becca said...

Wow, that is SO cool, Sarah!!! Congratulations!!!

Junior said...

so neat Sarah, congrats

Kristin said...

Oh my gosh - that is sooooo cool! Congratulations famous girl - can't wait to meet you next May when you come to Salt Lake City!

kate spain said...

You are a superstar!! Woohoo! Can't wait to read the article. I'm so proud to know you and your family and am happy you're getting the recognition you deserve. Keep up the great work. big hugs, kate

Kristen said...

That is so cool!!! How exciting!

Rochelle said...

That is fantastic! Can't wait for the link so I can read the article.
You guys are stars! Way to go! Keep up the great work.

JRS said...

I'm sitting on my hands waiting for that link! So happy that it came out right as I know your mom was concerned that they would tell it correctly.
Congrats!
---Jen

hollyctr said...

Yea! How exciting!! You really are famous!

Looking Up said...

Congrats!!!!! :)

To Love Endlessly said...

Superstars!!! Absolute Awesomeness :-)

Cammie Heflin said...

You go girl!!!!!!

Adelaide Dupont said...

Congratulations.

The local/county paper is a way to get business and friends.

Tina said...

Congratulations...that is absolutely fanstastic, Sarah you have set such a wonderful example of what all our little ones can one day achieve. I can't wait to read the whole article! Once again well done!!!

Shelly Turpin said...

Too cool!

SallyK said...

WOW! Great for Sarah and Mom!

Heidi-Ashlie's Mom said...

That is too Cool, Sarah!!!! I Love the pics and How Awesome for your Mom and you to have a place like this!

Bonnie said...

You guys are AWESOME!!! Can't wait to read the article. :) Will you bring it to music therapy on Monday!?!?! WOOOT!

Shelly said...

You are so the Super Star, Sarah!!! I'm trying to find the article online to read it to my children. Keep Smiling!!

Karen said...

Congratulations! I love the picture and the article both. I'm so honored to know you both - such an inspiration to us all.

one_plustwins said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS!!!

Mary said...

Wow! That is so awesome!

Ria said...

Awesome!!! You deserve it! So cool!!