My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

What a Cake!!!

I was up front greeting customers when all of a sudden a woman walked in who I did not know. She was carrying purple balloons and a cake box. Then she gave me a little gift.

Her name is Hilary and she is from Quilts and Sew Forth in Mentor, Ohio.

She has been following our blogs and so she knows my mom loves purple. She wanted to wish us good luck with our store. We thought that was so nice.

And then she opened the cake she brought us. WOW!!!!!

Look at this cake!!!

It is so amazing. That was such a nice thing to do for us. Thank you Hilary!!!

17 comments:

Rochelle said...

Awesome cake. Wow your week just keeps getting better!

JRS said...

Wow Sarah! It will be hard to top this birthday next year. Did your cake taste as good as it looks?
---Jen

Carol N. said...

What a generous thing to do! Your family is much loved on the blogosphere, you know!

Kristin said...

That cake is so perfect!!!!!

Simply, Sarah said...

I LOVE the cake!!

Nan P. said...

That cake is so beautiful! Very special indeed!

my family said...

great cake! what a nice gift....such a special week for you

Pallavi said...

Wow.. that cake looks awesome.. :)

Cammie Heflin said...

That is so awesome! I'm glad you are having such a good time Sarah!

BigBearswife said...

what an adorable cake!!! how cute is that!!

Kelly said...

What a beautiful cake and such an AMAZING week for you!!

JennyH said...

That is an awesome cake!! I love looking (and reading) all about the grand opening. Looks like you had a great 21st birthday!

Patti said...

What an AWESOME cake!! That is so sweet:)

Heidi said...

What a nice thing to do! That cake is amazing!

Brandie said...

That cake is unbelievable! I don't know if I could eat it.

Kim Rees said...

Fantastic!

Hils said...

It was so Wonderful to meet you too Sarah! I hope all is well and that business is Thriving. Hope to share some more time with all of you in the future. Hope the cake was yummy!