My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Friday, August 6, 2010

Weekend Rush

This afternoon Auntie Bonnie and Cousin Adam arrived from Miami, Florida.

They wanted to help us get the store ready.

I love my Cousin Adam. I have not seen him for a whole year, so we sat around and chatted for a while.

Then we all went to Applebee's for dinner. It is sorta like a tradition when they come to Ohio that we go there.

We sit and tell stories and have fun together. Then we usually go home and have some more fun.

But tonight we had work to do at the store. There is still so much to get done before our opening. While we were waiting for our table, Auntie Bonnie and my mom went to Pottery Barn to pick up the top for the desk that is going in the front corner. Adam started to put it together.
.
And the more he worked, the sleepier I got...

...until I just fell over to take a nap. I have been in the store helping every day this week and I am tired.

So I took a nap while Adam kept working.

Even TJ got into the action. He had to go find the drill set.

Pretty soon it was ready to flip over.

OMG!!! What is Matt doing????? He's 13. What can I say:)

Once all the work was done, I woke up. Adam said it was time to go home. We have to come back bright and early in the morning...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah, congrats on the store. Your cousin Adam is so nice, isn't he? Plus he's cute... Is he single? Just Kidding.... Bye!

Anne and Whitney: Up, Down and All Around said...

congratulations on the store - it all looks so wonderful. it was so nice of adam to help with putting the desk top together and i am glad you got a little rest in, too :)

JRS said...

Too funny that your mom snapped pics of you napping in the store! I love reading about your adventures.
---Jen

Lacey said...

I thought the store was open, so many people are in there. things are looking great!

Mel said...

I love the photo of you on the floor sleeping- you must have been SUPER tired :)

Miranda said...

Congratulations on the store, it looks great! and also on meeting Kate Spain, how exciting! I am very jealous :) It's a shame I live in Australia otherwise I would have loved to be at the Grand opening.
Have a great weekend, Miranda.

Kim Rees said...

That's fantastic! I love how everyone pitched in and helped! Lily and I will have to come by and check things out some day!