My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

We Have Customers

Seriously.


We have customers.

They are telling us the story of how they got here. Do you remember the day I went to Crate and Barrel to buy Miss Bonnie the plates that Kate Spain designed. Well, we told the clerk that day that Kate was coming to our store. Oh yes, you did just read that. KATE SPAIN is coming to our store on Saturday. I will tell you more about that later. Anywho, the one woman is the aunt of that clerk. She loves to quilt and had to be here on opening day. How cool is that.

More customers. I am saying hello and my signature line...My name is Sarah.

Oh Mrs. Henschel came. She is my job coach at CEVEC. I only have one more year there.

And more teachers came. I thought they forgot about me, but I guess not.

My moms friend Marcy. She brought us plants with cute flower that has a center made of chalkboard. Too cute.

And this is Marty. She and my mom were Girl Scout leaders for a long time. It's getting crazy busy in here.

13 comments:

Cammie Heflin said...

How exciting! Congrats!

Cindy said...

Congratulations on Opening Day!

Mel said...

Loving the photos and especially your dress. Looks like things are going well- congratulations!

Lianna said...

SO exciting!!! Congratulations Sarah & Joyce on your new business venture!!!

Rochelle said...

WOO HOO customers, and Kate Spain coming. That is super!

Amy L said...

Sarah, I am so excited for you! Congratulations on your grand opening.:)
Amy

Heidi said...

Looks like you had such a great opening day!! Congratulations! I just wish I lived closer so I could come and see your beautiful store in person!

Adelaide Dupont said...

You have a signature line!

Great to see your teachers and some other people who love the store.

rhiannenlouise@yahoo.com.au said...

How exciting!! The store looks great! I wish I didn't live in another country because I really want to visit your store!

Also, I really, REALLY! like your dress!

Anonymous said...

How wonderful. What a day...a birthday (not just any birthday, the big 2-1) and an opening for you business and KATE coming to your store. How much more exciting can it get!!!!

Jan

Amy Flege said...

woooohooo so awesome!

Christy said...

This is so exciting. I'm so happy that your business is coming together.

When I finally make my trip to America, I'm definitely stopping by!

Christy

jjpsmommy07 said...

Congratulations Girls! Wish I could have been there for the grand opening. I told my husband I wanted to go, just to see his reaction and he said he would take me, but he couldn't get off of work! Another time, I would love to meet all of you and so would Jonathon. Maybe next summer......