My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Stranded at the Pier

I think my mom is loosing it. Last week she bought groceries and forgot to pick them up at the loading zone. She was halfway home before she realized it. Today...she forgot me at the store...

... Yes that's right. She stranded me at Pier 1 Imports. We went in to find a white wicker chair for the store. They did not have one, but I found this nice brown one in the back of the store, so I sat in it. My mom went to the other side of the store to look at kitchen stuff. She found some things on the clearance table. She paid for them and then she left. Hey...what about me!!!!!! I knew she would remember and come back for me, so I just stayed in this chair. Sure enough...a minute or two later I heard the jingle of bells on the front door and it was my mom:)

13 comments:

CJ said...

I locked my kids in the car once!!

Jasmine said...

LOL. Oh Sarah, I'm sorry to laugh at your expense. You look so cute waiting for mom.

I once left my little one in the house while heading out to shop- I thought she was in the car. I immediately went back for her.

Now I do roll call when I leave the house.

Jasmine

Windmills and Tulips

Mel said...

Oh no! Good thing you are so sensible Sarah! Your mum must have a lot on her mind at the moment :) My husband and I once went out to the theatre in the evening when Luke was a baby. My mum had the others at home. When we got out of the car to go inside, we were half-way across the road before we remembered the baby was in the car. Whoops!

Rochelle said...

Oh Sarah so sorry, I too am having a giggle at that story.
Thankful you are so smart and knew just what to do.

heidi marie said...

sarah you are more sensible than i am. i would have been frantically dialing away on my phone!

Lacey said...

Well, at least she left you there in a cute dress! Good thing you didn't panic and just waited for her.

Anderson Family said...

Sorry you got left at the store - but that makes me laugh. How many times have I forgotten something? Glad to see I am not the only one - the story with the groceries is funny too! Your mom must have a lot on her mind!!

Kristin said...

Haha - I think she needs a nap - you're working her too hard getting ready for the new store!

Tiffany said...

Oh no!! Sounds like Mom needs a break!

Loren Stow said...

LOL! We all have those days sometimes! Shame... at least you were patient and understanding with your mom!

Karen said...

Good heavens! Good thing you were so calm about it all.

Debbie @ Three Weddings said...

It happens to the best of us. I prefer to blame it on the kids for sucking all my brain cells out of my head!

Glad she remembered you quickly and that you didn't panic. That's a story you can tell for years to come and get a lot of laughs out of!

Leah Mraz said...

First of all, you look gorgeous Sarah. Love the dress and shoes. Sooo Pier 1. :) Luckily your mom had sense enough to snap a photo of you being cool, calm, and collected as she chased around and eventually found her brain. We, moms, forget our brains all together at home from time to time and everything else we do that day, like driving and running errands, is strictly done on remote muscle memorization. Second of all, was the wicker chair for your shop? When's the actual opening date?