My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Opening Duties

I have specific job assignments every morning at the store.

The first thing is to get the cash drawer ready.

I separate all the coins.

Looks perfect. Then I take it over and put it into the cash register.

Next I vacuum. On this day, I was getting ready for some new furniture to arrive.

Then I have to put our store labels onto the bags.

I like this job. Once that is done, it is time to open the front doors for the customers to arrive.

10 comments:

Patti said...

I love it- you are amazing, Sarah! I wish I could come visit your store.

Adelaide Dupont said...

Great to see you at work.

Let me see: pennies, dimes, quarters?

Loren Stow said...

Well done - you really seem to love what you're doing. What a blessing!

Christy said...

I lurve sorting money.
So can tell you love your job!
Well done Sarah - and mum ;)

Mary said...

Great work Sarah! If I ever make it to Cleveland, I will visit you at the store.

kate spain said...

Keep up the great work, Sarah!! Such important jobs to take care of, and your Mom is so lucky to have such a good helper.

Erika said...

How wonderful! I am so excited for you that your store is open -- it looks just beautiful! I would give anything to head over and pick up some fabric, but I'm in California :( Someday though, I will find an excuse to wander through the doors of your store and visit with you for a bit! I'm a social work master's student and I'm passionate about people with disabilities -- especially Down syndrome. I check up on you every day and am so thankful that you're sharing your life with all of us! Keep up the good work!

stephanie said...

Sarah!!!! We were away on vacation on your birthday! I'm still trying to catch up with my blog friends!

Here's a late but BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY WISH!!!!! You are my favorite 21 year old in the whole world!!!!!!

Hugs from RI

Nan P. said...

That is a lot to do before you open up. How early do you start? Not too early I hope!

starrlife said...

Looks like a great job!