My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Saturday, August 14, 2010

The Day I Met Kate Spain

I have been waiting for this day for a long time.

I was so excited when Kate Spain walked into our store. She is so nice.

Then something really amazing happened. My music therapist Bonnie, got to meet Kate. There I was talking to Kate and Bonnie at the same time. How awesome is that!!

There were so many people in our store today. I was trying to meet all of them.

Kate was helping me talk to some of the customers. Do you see the cute little bag in my hand? Kate gave it to me. It is made out of Verna, Kate's first fabric collection.

Finally after about an hour, I got to take Kate back to meet my mom. She was busy cutting fabric this whole time. She was so excited because Kate brought her a bag too. Inside are all kinds of scrapbooking goodies. My mom sure loves that.

Look at this. More and more customers. I think those two ladies were here earlier in the week. We have only been open for six days and we already have repeat customers. Do you see me sitting over at the counter. I like that spot.

OMG!!! Look at this. One of the women was carrying this bag. OMG!!! It is Zac Efron and you know how I love him:)

Time out for a pose with Kate and Mark. He is from Moda. Remember when he came to visit us?

TJ asked me what I thought about today and here is my response...LOL.

I was so excited when Mackenzie came. She is the daughter of the man who made all our cabinets. She is so excited to learn to sew. She wants to be a designer someday. So she came to meet Kate too...

12 comments:

Patti said...

This is SO sweet! Sarah, you are BEAUTIFUL!! I hope my Lily grows up to be just like you!!

Bonnie said...

Sarah it was SO fun to see your store! Thanks for inviting me. What a day, huh?! Thank you for introducing me to Kate Spain too! Big congrats to you and your mom for a job well done! :-)

Denise said...

Sarah....I have been reading all of your posts but never seem to have the time to comment. You inspire me (and all us moms of little ones) daily. You always have a smile on your face and seem to just love life. You guys are doing such a great job with your new store. I wish I lived closeby so I could come and visit it!! Can you ask your mom if she would email me a picture of you to put up on Ella's hospital wall. We just love you so much and you are missing from there. My email address is adjvollmer@aol.com Also and most importantly....Happy late Birthday!! I am so bummed that I didn't get a card sent off...maybe you wouldn't mind a late one? Where can I find your address again? 21 years old...wow!!!

Adelaide Dupont said...

Yes, I do remember when Mark came from Moda. Very well!

It has been great to see the pictures and words, Sarah.

That Efron bag is priceless, as of course are Spain's.

Carol N. said...

Wish I could have been there! You looked beautiful, Sarah! So fashionable. How is "Sarah's Sewcial Lounge" going?

Rochelle said...

What a fabulous week you ladies have had. So glad to hear that the opening was a huge success and you have repeat customers already.

Lacey said...

I want to come to your store so bad! Looks like a ton of people were there!

Shelly Turpin said...

Wow - I missed a little I see. Happy birthday Sarah!! 21 - that's huge!! And the store and Kate - what an amazing time y'all are having. I am so happy to see so much happiness and good times!

Kristin said...

It's like a dream come true. That is so cool.

kate spain said...

Sarah, i had so much fun with you and your family on Saturday! It was a joy to meet you in person and to share some smiles and laughs together! Your Mom, Dad and brother are so sweet and the new shop blew me away. "Sew" inspiring! I also really enjoyed meeting Bonnie. What a special person she is. You take care and please keep in touch! lots of love, kate

Mary said...

Wow, that is really awesome!

Becca said...

Wow, how awesome!!! What a fabulous day! And that's so cool that you're getting repeat customers already. That's always good. Congratulations again on your shop, and I know you'll do great!!