My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Monday, August 9, 2010

The Big Day

I was so excited for the big day, I jumped out of bed really early.

We had one stop to make before we went to the store. The bank.

I needed to get change for the cash register. I had my notebook with the list of what to ask the teller for. Two rolls of quarters, two rolls of dimes, two rolls of nickels and four rolls of pennies. Guess what her name is? Sarah, just like me. She gave me my very own bag to carry the money in. We have to be very careful though, so my mom hid it in her purse.

Then the big moment...

I untied the ribbon...

...and asked everyone to follow me into the store.

As soon as I got back to the counter there were flowers waiting for me. They are from all the ladies upstairs who work with my dad. That was so nice...

7 comments:

Adelaide Dupont said...

What a big milestone!

Amazing, cutting that green ribbon and getting those flowers.

All best wishes to the store and to you.

kate spain said...

AAAAA! How exciting it must have been to untie that ribbon! And your birthday bouquet looks beautiful. Hope you had a wonderful day, and i can't wait to see you on saturday! xok

my family said...

WOOHOO Congratulations, how thrilled I am for you!!! Happy belated birthday too, mine is thursday, hope it was a great one

JRS said...

I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to read more.
---Jen

Rochelle said...

YEAH! Happy birthday and grand opening. How exciting.

Leah Mraz said...

What an exciting new adventure! 21 and a new store. Big things ahead! :)

Nan P. said...

I wish you the very best with the store, it looks very well.... Pity I am so far away, an ocean away in fact.... I'd love to visit ;-)