My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Friday, July 23, 2010

The World's Best Carpenter

While everybody has been busy in Cleveland getting the store ready, my Grandpa has been very busy in his garage in Canton. He has been building all the shelves for our fabric.

Tonight we went down to pick up all the pieces. "Wow, this is nice Grandpa."

He started to put one together, just to see how it looks.

Then he showed me how the bottom goes together. TJ and Julie went down too.

Oh yes, now I see how it goes. We will assemble them once we get all the pieces into the store.

All the boards are perfectly measured. Time to load them into the van.

We had to come at night when it is a little cooler. Tomorrow it is going to be too hot for me to go out.

That's the last one. Good thing because the car is starting to sag.

We loaded up both cars. Now it is time to drive back home.

There is hardly room for me now. My dad left one seat in just for me because I do not like to ride in the front seat. It's too scary.

Haaa, look at this...I have my own little shelf now. OK, see you on Monday Grandpa.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Can't wait to see them in the store!

JRS said...

Looks like talent for making beautiful things runs in the family. Cool.
---Jen

To Love Endlessly said...

those shelves are gonna look great!