My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Friday, July 16, 2010

Vote for Sarah's Sewcial Lounge Sign

My mom and I went over to the store a little bit ago. I can't believe what a difference there is in just a few days.
.
Here I am walking into my sewcial lounge. It is almost done. You may be wondering what a sewcial lounge is. Well, it is basically a place where you go to sew with others. It's a comfortable gathering place for friends to come and share ideas. I think it's going to be really cool. We are even going to have a tv in here so we can watch movies. My friends and I will be able to just hang out if we want to. And every Thursday night we have different activities planned.

Do you see that little opening behind my shoulder? I think I am going to turn it into a secret hiding place for little kids when they come to visit during the day. The board leaning on the half wall fits in there perfectly, so at night we can use it for a serving area.


Now comes the fun part. I am having my own sign made. So I need your help. Please vote for which design you like best...


#1 Swirlies

#2 Kon Tiki

#3 Script

#4 Combo

I put a poll over on the left hand column. You have to hurry though. We are a few days ahead of schedule. Yes you just read that correct. AHEAD of schedule!!!
Update: It looks like pollster is down, so please just leave a comment with the number and name you like best.

33 comments:

Jessica said...

Zoey and her big sister are voting for #4 :)

Mel said...

I like the lettering on the second one from the top, but prefer the blue colour from the bottom sign! Looks like you girls are VERY busy and having lots of fun. Wish we were closer so we could come shopping!

Simply, Sarah said...

I like #1 for clarity, but the other fonts for prettiness.
But, with a name like "sewcial," I think it would be good to have clarity for readers to "get it."
I love looking at the progress you are all making!

Anne and Whitney: Up, Down and All Around said...

I like the font on #1 and the blue on #4 :) so exciting that you are ahead of schedule!!!

Jaimie said...

I like the color from 4 and the font from #2!

Jaimie said...

Actually, clarity wise I like #1 as well, #2 for pretty!

Adelaide Dupont said...

I vote for #2.

Mary said...

I like #2 - something about the script really appeals to me!

Jan said...

#3 does it for me!

Christy said...

I like #1

Lianna said...

I really like the Swirlies font for the first one featuring Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I think it is readable and has the fun and young element that I would associate with a young woman. But I would pair it with the sans serif font in the second design for the fun, friendship byline.

LOVE the fabric button flowers very much!

Peter said...

#2

JRS said...

I agree with Lianna. Fun!
---Jen

Sophia said...

I am going for #4 Sarah!

Jenn said...

I like the Swirlies!

Sue said...

I like the Swirlies font, but I think the "Fabric, Fun... should be all caps.

Shannon said...

I like #2 (Kon Tiki) best.

To Love Endlessly said...

#2, but I also like the blue the best.

Bonnie said...

I like the font of #1 and the color of #4. As I'm reading through the comments I see that I am not alone in like this combo for the boldness of the letters and the color preference. Can't wait to hear which one gets the most votes Sarah! I know you will do a great job tallying the votes! :-)

hollyctr said...

I love the blue in #4 and #1 is great and easy to read! I'm a new reader and am soooo excited about your upcoming store! The missionaries told me about your sweet family. Good luck with the transformation!!!

G said...

I like 4!! Love the shop!

Deedee said...

Number 1 - Swirlies!

Leah Mraz said...

My vote is for #1 with the Swirlies. I find it friendly and inviting. :)

Peggy said...

I like number one!

Sally said...

I like #1, Swirlies...

Emily said...

I would have to say #2. But #4 is my second choice :) Do you have any prediction when the store will be done? I live in Berea, I can't wait to come and check it out!

Alex's Mom said...

We vote for number 2!

Anonymous said...

all these aussies over here vote for 3!

Nan P. said...

#1, but with blue instead of yellow/orange.

Good luck with this project, it is a brilliant idea, and sounds so exciting!

Anonymous said...

#2 in blue
Kathy V.

JennyH said...

I vote for number 1. They are all great though!

Talley Images said...

I like #1 (swirlies) but in the blue color

Megan said...

#3!