My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Friday, July 30, 2010

THANK YOU Grandpa!!!

My Grandpa left today. He is probably taking a nap right now.

That's because he has worked so hard this week putting our shelves together for the store.

He made it a learning project for Matt.

They worked side by side for a few days.

Hammering and drilling and painting.

My grandpa did the stuff with the saw. They worked in the basement of our building. My dad rent's that room for storing old medical records.

It made a great place to work. Watch your fingers Matt.

Yikes, what are they doing? Do you see the wheels. Every case has them so we can move them around the store if we want to.

Even TJ got into the construction. He has been a big helper too. He already knew how to use the tools though so he got right to work.

Today I went over to see how they look.

AMAZING!!! AWESOME!!! GREAT JOB GRANDPA!!! and Matt and TJ.

Grandpa is showing me how the sander works because I am going to get to do some final sanding next week. My mom says I have to wear goggles and a mask. Haaa, that should be fun.

9 comments:

Adelaide Dupont said...

Good on you for using the sander. That's a wonderful way to finish up the job Grandpa and the guys have worked so hard on.

And clean up afterwards and have a party. (Or some kind of celebration).

Hope Grandpa is resting.

Kristin said...

I love that your whole family is there to help!

Kristen said...

I have enjoyed watching your store's progress. What a fun and exciting time.

kate spain said...

Your Grandpa sure deserves a nap! Look at those beautiful shelves. Great job. Hope the sanding goes well! xok

my family said...

great family project

ttownsend said...

Wow, Sarah!! I just got caught up since vacation and you have been so busy!

JennyH said...

What a great grandpa you have! Those shelves look awesome. Can't wait to see them filled.

Kelly said...

That sure is one AMAZING Grandpa you have there, Sarah!! Aren't grandparent's the BEST?!! It's nice to see how the store is coming together. What great family support you have there! Good luck with the sanding:)

Now give poor grandpa a break for a much needed rest!!! lol

Cleaning Akron said...

Nice to read all about you. i pray god to keep your family always with you ! thanks for sharing with us.