My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Special Delivery

I heard from a little birdie there was a birthday boy over at the store. So I decided to make a special delivery.

Today was Al's birthday. He is the lead man on the job. He introduced me to everyone. They all knew me, but I did not know them.

I had to wear a mask while I was in there because it is dusty and stinky. They all know about my asthma. This is the same crew that was working on my house back in February 2008 when I stopped breathing in the back seat of my mom's car. They watched from the windows as the paramedics worked on me in the middle of the street. They said they were pretty scared that day.

Time for a cookie. I said, "Happy Birthday Al. Life's a Beach..." LOL.

I took my mask off just long enough to pose for a picture. " Thanks guys. You're doing great work!!!" I think they were happy to see me today.

8 comments:

Karen said...

What a great crew - and how thoughtful of you to take Al a birthday cookie. They look happy to see you, and not just because you're carrying food!

Amy L said...

Sarah, you are so sweet and thoughtful! And that cookie looks yummy!
Amy

The VW's said...

That was very thoughtful of you Sarah! I bet they enjoyed your visit! I can't wait to see your finished store.....how exciting!!!

Rochelle said...

Sarah, you are so thoughtful. I am sure they worked even faster with a little sugar!

Anne and Whitney: Up, Down and All Around said...

so nice of you to bring al a "happy birthday cookie" - love the pictures :)

AZ Chapman said...

how thoughtful of u

Loren Stow said...

What a great gift for Al! I'm sure he appreciated it (and I bet it was yummy!).

Carol N. said...

The world is full of great people, and Sarah, you're one of the best!